Over the past year, I can say that I’ve become more comfortable with contour and highlighting. I love the look of defined cheeks and glowy skin, so naturally, I have collected quite a few different products to achieve that sculpted look. So many brands have come out with their own versions of contour kits (my favourite being by Anastasia Beverly Hills) and brands like Becca have upped the highlight game tremendously. With that said, I wanted to show some love to some of my current favourite affordable face defining kits!
The Maybelline Master Contour Face Contouring Kit ($15.99) has three powders to help add dimension to the face. Each powder is numbered (1, 2, 3) so for those who are new to highlighting and contouring, this kit is fool proof. Turn the kit over and you will see instructions on where to place your contour, blush, and highlight. It also comes with a small angled brush (which I personally don’t use) but it’s great if you’re in a pinch. For my pale skinned ladies, this contour kit works fairly well with my skin tone, though the bronzer does lean to the warmer side so I like to use a light hand. The blush is a beautiful dusty pink and the highlight a stunning champagne gold.
The Makeup Revolution Ultra Contour Palette ($15) is a product I was finally able to try thanks to the lovely Stephanie! This palette comes with 8 different shades that will compliment many different complexions. The palette gives you a nice variety of powders that are very soft and blendable, and the best part is that it’s very budget friendly. It comes with a large mirror that makes it great for travel as well.
- Beige – great for setting the under eye area (perfect for us cool-toned ladies)
- Yellow – also good for setting and brightening the under eye area
- Peach – a beautiful, subtle highlight with a hint of shimmer
- White – frosted white highlight
- Medium warm brown – good for bronzing up the skin
- Cool-toned brown – perfect for contouring (pale girl approved!)
- Darker warm brown – slightly darker than the first shade and can be used for bronzing/contouring
- Bronze – satin finish bronze highlight that creates the perfect sunkissed glow
Those are my top affordable contouring and highlighting kits that I have tried, and it goes to show you don’t need to spend a fortune to get gorgeously bronzed and chiseled cheekbones!
What affordable contouring kits do you love?