Nail polish is one of the greatest accessories of all. There are so many shades and finishes to choose from that the possibilities are absolutely endless. I love switching up my nail colours with the seasons and OPI’s Hawaii Collection for Spring 2015 has got me on the right track!
There are 12 polishes in this collection, each one a tropical inspired hue with a cute name to match. I love how there is a beautiful selection of cremes, shimmers and a few duo-chrome polishes for good measure. There are some beautiful pastels and also some brighter colours as well so you are sure to find a shade or two that will steal your heart from this line!
- Do You Take Lei Away? – light beige nude creme
- That’s Hula-rious! – soft pastel mint green creme
- Is Mai Tai Crooked? – light pastel orange creme
- Suzi Shops & Island Hops – light baby pink creme
- Just Lanai-ing Around – dark rosy pink creme
- Hello Hawaii Ya? – dark grey based purple creme
- Lost My Bikini In Molokini – medium purple creme
- Aloha From OPI – bright coral red creme
- Go With The Lava Flow – Pink with green/gold shimmers
- My Gecko Does Tricks – lime green with golden shimmers
- This Color’s Making Waves – blue-green teal with gold shimmers
- Pineapples Have Peelings Too – sheer yellow with multi-colored glitters
The cremes from this line are really fantastic and two coats will give you full opacity. They are quick to dry which is a bonus for someone like me who always tends to smudge my polish somehow before it’s dried. The duo-chrome polishes need some patience to keep them from looking too streaky, but they are so striking on the nails. There is however one shade that was underwhelming for me, Pineapples Have Peeling Too, as it was just very sheer and applied patchy. It is also just not my kind of colour personally.
I highly suggest checking out the OPI Hawaii Collection if you haven’t already. My Canadian lovelies can find it online here (free shipping over $25), and it’s also available in salons and on Ulta.com!
Which colour is your favourite?